Success is not a destination but a journey. Success is not an accident but an effort. Success is not a sudden achievement but a long struggle. Infact success is not a struggle but a joy.
In our previous article, it was said about Kalayana Sundaram, who sacrificed everything for others. He donated everything to the needy, throughout his life. He became a successful person by giving everything to others. He succeeded by obtaining a great joy of sacrifice.
The meaning of success differs from person to person. One may think that he is successful by earning enormous wealth. Another may think that he is successful by becoming famous among others. Some other person may think he is successful by giving good education to his children. A child may think he is successful by buying his favourite chocolate. A woman may think she is successful by giving birth to her child. Hence, success is something that can be defined by oneself. Your success may not be a success to others. Your success is your success alone but not anyone’s .
Hence if you want to become successful stop thinking ‘what is right and what is wrong about others’ and instead start thinking ‘what is right and wrong about you’. All champions like, Vishwanadh Anandh, A.R.Rahman, Sachin Tendulkar, Mahatma Gandhi, Mother Teresa and Nelson Mandela became champions because they directed and channelled all their energies towards their goals
Selecting your success
• It is the first step to be followed to become successful. You try to understand what is success and how you like to achieve that success.
• Take full responsibility of your actions, thoughts and goal.
• Be clear in your mind and eliminate all excuses, shortcuts, fear and ego etc.
• You turn to be a doer but not a feeler and a dreamer.
• Understand your strength and ability since you have everything within you.
Select the purpose of your life
• Each human being has got his weaknesses and his strengths. You should be able to make your weaknesses your strengths. You will be able to convert your weaknesses as strengths, if you are clear in your mind about your goal. Make yourself a person of positive attitude.
• Have your own personal mission instead of imitating others.
• Know more about great people, study their paths to success and follow their foot points and words, but in your own way.
• Whatever goals you set, they should have a link with the purpose of your life.
Write down your best goals and always keep them before you.
• Have self motivation to select the best goals in life.
• Write your goals and display, or read them frequently.
• Try to have clarity about your goals because clarity is power.
• You do have plan to achieve your goals bit by bit and day by day.
• Frequently you try to discuss about your goals with someone whom you like and with people of wisdom.
Time is the essence of life and use it wisely
• Do not waste your time by getting into useless talks and useless activities etc; and minimize waste of your time.
• Work smarter but not harder.
• Develop inner peace by meditating to know your inner person.
Make yourself a new man and a better person
• Talk always language of success and improve your behaviour of positive attitude and develop your body language also.
• Flush unwanted dialogues and thoughts out of your mind.
• Control your emotions and be reasonable with others.
• Cherish always ideas that will bring success.
• Programme your day to become an achiever.
Select the way to change your mental picture
• Discipline your mind and behaviour to channel you into success.
• Increase concentration ability to a better level.
• Have more commitments to achieve your goals.
• Speed up your progress day by day.
Select and maximize energy lifestyle
• Don’t neglect even a small thing. Since, negligence is a silent killer.
• Maintain good health by producing good habits. Do exercise regularly to keep your body fit. Do yoga.
• Eat for energy but not for filling the stomach.
• Sleep for required time but not for spending time.
• Be relaxed always even when you have more responsibility.