Everything you perceive in the physical world has its origin in the invisible, inner world of your thoughts and beliefs. To become the master of your destiny, you must learn to control the nature of your habitual thoughts. Through that, your thoughts create your real world. In other words, every effect you see in your outside or physical world has a specific cause which has its origin in your inner or mental world. This is the essence of thought power. Most people believe in the opposite, i.e., they feel or think a certain way because of their circumstances, not knowing the truth that it is their thought power that is creating those very circumstances, whether wanted or unwanted.
Modern science considers thoughts as energy .William Walker Atkinson said "Where mind is static energy, thought is dynamic energy - two phases of the same thing" Your imagination is the engine of your thoughts. It converts your thought power into mental images, which are in turn manifested in the physical realm. Negative thoughts can be calmly and deliberately replaced with positive thoughts. It needs practice but, it is the mantra that would help to achieve greater life goals in this world. It is estimated that the average person has between 12,000 and 70,000 thoughts a day. This evidence is enough to suggest that your goal should not be to control every thought. It is your dominant thoughts and beliefs that you must learn to bring under your conscious control as they are what largely determine your mental attitude.
It is generally stated that, face is the index of the mind. If your mind is filled up with good thoughts, your face would always radiate smile and that would attract people towards you. Smile is contagious and that would spread fast and create a happy , peaceful and harmonious atmosphere around you. Such persons with pleasant personality would always be sought after and have reliable set of friends around them. Thus your thoughts play a greater role in creating a favorable environment around you and the world would look like a place worth living with peace and tranquility surrounding you. .
Let us ponder over some of the basic qualities which would keep our thoughts clean and positive
• If you are from families which give greater importance to values of life, you would have been trained in such values of life such as honesty, morality, integrity, compassion, gratitude, tolerance, patience and sacrifice from childhood. When such values are deeply embedded in your thoughts, the practicing of such values in your daily life benefits you in various ways. It strengthens your character, improves interpersonal relationship, earns you trustworthiness and you become a role model to be emulated.
• If your thoughts center on the existence of God and His greatness and total surrender to Him, you would always be guided in your decision making activity. Recognition and acceptance of God’s watching eyes over your behavior would prevent you from sinful and illegal activities and would lead you into a right path in your day today life.
• If you have the magnanimity to accept people as they are (with their plus and minus points) , it would be easy to create a friendly and social atmosphere around you and you can live peacefully and harmoniously with more friends and none as enemies and then the world would become Heaven on earth for you.
• If you resolve in your mind to help others as much as possible (within the limit of your capacity) and exhibit such trait of character through your activities, those who are in need of assistance would reach you without hesitation and would be ever thankful to you and rush to help you in when you are in need . Helping the helpless and underprivileged will help in reaping God’s blessings in abundance and that would help our family too in times crises. God’s blessings on our good deeds are like high security cover from calamities.
• If you always welcome others with cheerfulness, others would find you as an easily approachable person and without hesitation share their personal matters and seek your advice and that would help them in decision making in some important matters concerning their life. Giving a kind and patient hearing to others bitter or happy experiences in life would create a special bond between you and the narrator and in their eyes you become a mentor. Giving a patient hearing to others unburdening act and consoling them through choicest and comforting words is a great social service.
Such a service will help you to realise your self worth. Then, you will have the satisfaction of leading a productive and purposeful life..
• Compassion towards the poor and the disabled, respect to elders, friendship and cordiality with neighbours and relatives, loyalty in friendship, dignified treatment of service providers and being faithful to our own religion and tolerant of other religions are the qualities which would help you to shape your impeccable character that would help in earning trustworthy friends, loyal service providers and loving relatives and harmonious living atmosphere in the world which is filled with people belonging to different religions, culture, language and practices. If such thoughts dominate in your mind then, you will not consider others as low caste or high caste and treat them accordingly. Societies which have citizens with such mature thoughts will not become victims to frequent communal clashes and social tensions. Civil society in such nations will have the decency of not interfering with food habits, dress code and private affairs of different communities and we will live in a better world. The poison of communal hatred emanates from our thoughts which needs to be disciplined
• Positive approach towards life’s challenges would make you mentally and emotionally strong. Such persons would be able to think calmly about the use of the resources available to them in the best manner possible so as to manage such crises. If you do not allow negative thoughts to dominate your mind, emotional and psychological well being would be the result. Then you will not be afraid to face of the challenges of life.
Persons who practice the above mentioned ideals in their life would lead a highly productive life even during their sunset years and they become assets to the family, the society and the nation Such people will surely be enjoying the benefits of their physical, mental, emotional, psychological and spiritual wellbeing:
The following words of Siddhartha Gautama Buddha perfectly capture the essence of thought power: "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is every thing. In a nutshell, your life is the perfect mirror of your thoughts, beliefs and dominant mental attitude. Whether we realise it or not, we are already into creating our reality through our thought power. Every effect we see in our outside world has its original cause within you. Your thoughts create your reality. Internalise and apply this truth, You will see your action is the blossom of your thought and joy and suffering are its fruits.”